Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board Releases 2019-2020 Annual Report
HARRISBURG, PA: The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) has released the 15th edition of its Annual Report.
The PGCB’s 2019-2020 Annual Report provides detail on the work of the agency in regulating the Commonwealth’s gaming industry, and also includes:
· Statewide revenue figures for slot machine, table games, sports wagering, internet gaming, fantasy sports contests and video gaming terminal gross revenue;
· Up-to-date status on gaming expansion initiatives including casino construction;
· A year in review report with pertinent statistical figures from the PGCB’s key bureaus;
· Revenue and expenditures during the fiscal year by the PGCB, along with a breakdown of employment at the agency;
· A section on problem gambling with statistics on the PGCB’s Self-Exclusion Program; and,
· A special report on the impact of the Covid-19 coronavirus on Pennsylvania’s gaming industry.
The report can be downloaded by visiting the Gaming Control Board’s web site, and choosing the 2019-2020 PGCB Annual Report link under the Quick Links section of the homepage.
About the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is tasked to oversee all aspects of gambling legalized under 2004’s Race Horse Development and Gaming Act and the Gaming Expansion Act of 2017. In addition to slot machine and table games gambling at land-based casinos, the expansion includes online casino games available to date on 11 sites; sports wagering offered through sportsbooks at 12 retail locations and through 10 online outlets; video gaming terminals (VGTs) offered as of this date at 35 qualified truck stops; and, fantasy sports contests through eight providers.
The mature land-based casino industry in Pennsylvania currently consists of 10 stand-alone and racetrack casinos in operation, along with the two smaller resort casinos. These facilities collectively employ over 16,000 people and, along with other types of Board-regulated gaming, annually generate over $1.5 billion in tax revenue. Construction of a 13th casino is currently underway along with a number of new “mini-casinos” expected to begin operation over the next couple of years.
Additional information about both the PGCB’s gaming regulatory efforts and Pennsylvania’s gaming industry can be found at https://gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov/ . You can also follow the agency on Twitter by choosing @PAGamingControl .